Tips, Tricks & Tours
Wednesday, Feb 28
· Milwaukee, We Suggest
Planning a trip to Milwaukee this winter? We get it – Midwestern weather can be intimidating. To assist with all your packing and planning, the Plaza Hotel staff has compiled a list of our favorite winter tips, tricks, and tours, to share with our adventurous Midwestern travelers.
- Layers, layers, layers! Winter winds and cold fronts can sneak through the thickest of material, so wearing multiple layers of clothing is key.
- Don’t forget to pack a winter hat, mittens, and boots! Whether you’re just taking a walk to see the wonderfully frozen Lake Michigan, or your embarking on a day filled with winter expeditions, the last thing you want is to suffer from cold ears, hands, and feet.
- A friendly Wisconsinite will always offer to help you dig if your car gets stuck, but it’s a good idea to come prepared just in case. We recommend keeping a shovel in your car for those exciting post snow storm mornings.
- Sip some local coffee to keep warm! Milwaukee is home to some if the Midwest’s most frigid winters, but also to some of the best coffee around. Take in the eclectic atmosphere in Rochambo’s coffee and Tea house, sip in style at Anodyne, a small batch roaster, or have a seat at Café at the Plaza’s own retro counter and enjoy a hot cup of Colectivo.
- Fully immerse yourself in all things Milwaukee with an indoor tour. Sample a variety of craft beers at Lakefront Brewery, tour Great Lakes Distillery to try some of their hand crafted spirits, or get a taste of real, squeaky, Wisconsin cheese curds at the Clock Shadow Creamery.