Mil [walk] ee
Tuesday, May 1
· Milwaukee, We Suggest
We’ve officially survived our last snowstorm of the year (hopefully), so it’s time to head outdoors and soak up this springtime sun. What better way to explore Milwaukee than on foot? Lucky for you, the Plaza Hotel is nestled right in the heart of MKE, so all your favorite Milwaukee adventures are just a short walk away. Here is a list of all of our favorite springtime destinations just a few steps from our front door.
- They don’t call it ‘America’s Third Coast’ for nothing. Just a 5-minute walk from your hotel room, the boundless views of Lake Michigan await. Pack a lunch and have a picnic in Juneau Park, or take a stroll down Bradford Beach and enjoy all this big blue has to offer.
- The locals have been counting down the days until Jazz in the Park all year. This free outdoor music series is a local favorite! Throw down a blanket, pop open a bottle of wine, and enjoy the sound of brass and blues echoing through Cathedral Square Park.
- The historically eclectic Brady Street has something for everyone. Enjoy a cup of locally roasted coffee as Rochambo, taste a Latin American inspired Empanada at La Masa, or sip on a cold one at The Nomad World Pub.
- Winding through the heart of the city, Milwaukee’s Riverwalk is the perfect way to explore Brew City on foot. Enjoy local art, food, nightlife, and shops all along this lively path less than a 15-minute walk from your favorite hotel. Don’t forget to take a selfie with the Bronze Fonz!
- The Historic Old World Third street is overflowing Wisconsin traditions. Grilled, fried, baked, or curds, savor all things cheese at the Uber Tap Room, stop in Usingers and taste up to 70 types of sausage, have a seat at the largest bar in the state at Buck Bradleys, or celebrate Milwaukee’s German history at Maders.
The best part, you ask? All of this is less than a 20-minute walk from our front door.